The house in all the photos is the house of LH and Alma Rivard, their second house. It was across the street from St. Ann’s church, with three lots facing the street, and 11 acres stretching out behind. It had a large garden area out back, separate barn for about 3-4 cows, a chicken coop, and a large apple orchard further back with about 8 very productive trees of different varieties. The lots on either side were vacant, until LH built the new house about 1952 on the lot to the right, after his lakeshore property development “Rivard Park” near Lake Wapogasset (Amery) had put him back on a solid financial footing (he sold out the 53 platted lakeshore lots).
All five children of Alma Laurin Rivard lived in this house, and became young adults in this house, but Raymond remembered living in their house next to the blacksmith shop, so none was born in this house. JLR